eFront offers an Android mobile app that the users can download through the Play store. The app is only for learners and it supports the following types of content:
- Simple text
- HTML text
- Vimeo/YouTube (for online view only)
- URL from external sources
- Video files uploaded to eFront
- Images uploaded to eFront
- H5P content: only in case that it is added as iFrame
- Units containing iframes with external source (for online view only)
The content types that are not currently supported are:
- Tin Can
- Tests that included non-supported types of questions
- MS Office files
The mobile app supports tests which include only the following question types:
- 'Drag and Drop'
- 'Empty Spaces'
- 'Multiple choices with Single answer'
- 'Multiple choices with Many answers'
Some of the content types can also be available when the users are Offline, meaning that they don't have access to the Internet. When they are back online, any progress made while being offline will be synched.
Tests and surveys are available while the users are offline. This means that in case a user does not have access to mobile data (3G, 4G, etc) or Wi-Fi, they will be able to complete a test or survey. Furthermore, they can access any uploaded video files but they cannot view videos from YouTube/Vimeo since this action requires an active internet connection. They can also access any uploaded audio, SCORM, PDF files, HTML and simple text units.
In order to be able to access the content offline, the user should do the following:
- Press the sync button on a course, and download the content while being online.
- Download a single unit, just by clicking on it.
Note 1: Any non-compatible units (either mobile or offline) will show up in the users' course catalog, but the user will not be able to access them.
Note 2: The user can delete the downloaded courses at any time, through the app settings.